Thursday, August 8, 2013

SOME NATIVE FLOWERS OUT.

I have been out wandering around the plants today. Weather has been lovely and warm, much nicer than the wind and rain showers we have been having lately. Spring is in the air.
I love the colour of this paper daisy, and the flies love the little flowers in the centre. I am so pleased that these flowers have started to naturalize for me, hoping that in a few years I will have a big display.

 The blossoms on the gum trees are so delicate and show up beautifully against the blue sky.
The emu bush has been covered with flowers that birds love to visit for the nectar.
Out on the roadsides the wattles are just starting to come into full bloom, there are quite a number of different varieties in the Mallee. Most of them are the little ball type.
You discover many plants at this time of the year wandering about in the bush. 
Bye for now.
NANA ON THE FARM

No comments: